We are currently offering regular weekly classes, space is limited.
August 31, 2020
Referencing COVID Policies in Alberta, August 30, 2020
We have checked with other Martial Arts studios and the Alberta Government guidelines to ensure that we are taking the correct procedures to protect our students. We are a small school; we are maintaining small class sizes and with a high instructor to student ratio. Black Belt Academy is following all government guidelines for student’s safety while still offering quality martial arts training. We are also offering private classes for students, special rates apply.
Following the “Guidance for Sport, Physical Activity and Recreation – Stage 2 (updated August 20, 2020)
Black Belt Academy falls under two categories, Martial Arts Facility and Low Energy Workout Activities. We are restricting our primary training to the following for general classes:
- Technical training, with low impact exercises
- No sparring
- No shouting
- No running in classes
- Minimal direct physical contact
- No spectators, only participants are allowed to remain in the school (parents are to remain outside)
- Each participant is required to bring their own mask
- Each participant is to bring (and take home each night) their own water bottles
- When possible, participants are to come pre-dressed for classes
- Class sizes will be limited to 6 students per session to maintain proper social distancing
- Hand hygiene expectations when entering and exiting the school
- The facility and all equipment will be cleared daily
We are following the general guidelines laid out in 2020-21 School Re-Entry Plan (August 27, 2020)
“This plan is founded on the following four principles that were established by government in collaboration with education partners.
· The safety of children, students and staff comes first.
· Children and student learning will continue.
· Provincial funding is still flowing to schools. (does not apply to us)
· School authorities have flexibility to do what is best for their community.”
We also completely believe the following quote:
“Students will return to where they learn best, in the classroom with their teachers and peers while following public health measures. I appreciate the input and support of school authorities across the province, as well as our education partners, in developing and refining our school re-entry plan. We are providing clear and detailed guidelines and a re-entry toolkit so everyone can do their part and prepare for a safe return to school.”
Adriana LaGrange, Minister of Education
We are committed to minimize the risks and still provide students an interesting and engaging martial arts curriculum. We encourage you to call us and find out how we can help you keep fit while learning how to defend yourself. Class sizes are limited and there are only a few openings left. Call today, to book your free consultation.